Managers use their power and authourity to force their staff to perform. Staff are forced to obey power. However, as a team leader, you want your staff to agree with your decisions and perform as they are convinced by you to do so. If so, this is the course for you. Leading by soft power means leading by credibility, influencing and persuding capacity. After the course, participants will obtain the followings:
- Understanding the influencing style and persuading ability of oneself and the others.
- Being able to analyze the situations and the staff to find out situable inflluencing and persuading strategies.
- Knowing how to use influencing techniques.
- Being able to inspire staff and having charning and attractive communication styles.
- Becoming an influencing leader.
ĐỐI TƯỢNG: Managers, team leaders or anyone who want to improve their influencing skill
Day 1: A team leader, softpower and communication skill
- What is softpower? The difference between soft power and hard power, between imposition and influencing. Organizational power, individual power and knowledge.
- A team leader and his/her communication styles: 4 social styles. Identifying and adjusting one’s style to match with those of others.
- Barriers to the influencing ability of a team leader.
- Understanding influencing capacity and style of oneself and the others.
- 4 influencing strategies of a leader: the meaning and situation of each strategy.
Day 2: 4 main influencing strategies of a leader
- The power of willingness: asserting oneself (confidence)
- Giving compliments to staff.
- Making and highliting the profile of an expert in the area.
- Having a clear and strong position and keeping that position even in difficult situation.
- The power of thinking: logical thinking (knowing the content well and having clear arguements)
- How to make an argument logic? Where to get facts and information? Finding out win-win solutions.
- The power of emotion: calling for participation and cooperation (giving sympathy and care to others)
- Knowing how to listen others deeply and sympathetically and put forth right questions
- Calling staff to participating and contributing to the common work
- Recognizing the contribution of staff
- The power of belief: inspiring others
- Outlining a bright futures and/or clear future (career) paths.
- Connecting to the values of staff.
- Taking the first difficult step as an example
Training methods: learning through stories, pictures, videos, class activities, assignments, games and sharings from the trainers and participants.
THỜI LƯỢNG: 2 ngày
Nghiem Lien Huong
Business Development Manager
0904 994 512 – Skype: vnr.bs